No products in the cart.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you may exchange most of our products in their new, unopened condition within 30 days of delivery for a different item, voucher, or full refund. Please see below for further information on how to return an item.
This Policy forms part of the TophamKnifeCo Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
- 1. Our goods
- We supply physical goods only.
- 2. Read instructions
- Please carefully read and follow all instructions that come with our goods. For example, any literature that helps you correctly use and maintain the goods.
- 3. Un-returnable goods
- We supply certain goods that you cannot return to us.
If you ask us to provide you with custom goods, we may charge you any deposit or the full amount for the goods. You may not cancel an order for custom goods prior to delivery unless we allow this at our discretion. In this case, you will forfeit any deposit or amount already paid for the goods, and we may charge you an additional cancellation fee. The cancellation fee plus the amount forfeited will not be more than the full amount for the goods.
- Due to these items having been;
- Made to the consumer’s specifications;
- Clearly personalized for you, your company or another individual;
- Goods that are made to, or customized to fit a specific item;
Cooling-off period for electronic transactions
Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act may apply to your electronic transactions. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty. ‘Cancel’ means each party will be placed in the same position that they were in before the transaction took place. This means that you have to return a new, unused good, and we will refund the purchase price. Section 44 is only applicable if you are a natural person – in other words, a human being. You must also be the end-user of the goods or services. The transaction must be an electronic transaction — a transaction concluded via (in whole or in part) the website, email, or SMS.
- This cooling-off period does not apply to goods made or altered to your specifications, or goods specially ordered from a foreign country.
Goods damaged on delivery
If your goods arrive damaged, missing any parts or accessories, or are inoperable, then we will do our best to resolve the issue at our cost. Please notify us within seven (7) days (the sooner the better) by contacting us on our website.
We will require the following information to assess where in the delivery process the damage may have occurred:
- photograph of the outer box (including whether it has a Fragile sticker or not);
- photograph of the inside of the box, including the inner packaging; and
photograph of the damaged item.
- If possible we will arrange collection of the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product or photographs and validated your return (if needed), we will, according to your preference;
- replace the product (if available); or
- issue a refund voucher for the purchase price of the product or
- issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase).
- Please note that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift.
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of high quality, and in good working order, and without defects. We highly recommend testing out your purchase as soon as you have received it to make sure that everything is in working order. A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. You must prove that goods are defective.
- We do not regard the following as defective:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product; or
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
Statutory warranty against defects: We warrant all our new goods against any defects for six months of normal household or business use, from the time we supplied the goods. This is the statutory warranty in terms of the Consumer Protection Act of 2008 (the CPA).
The return policy for goods
- Any request for a visual product inspection does not change these policies.
- If you are returning a product, TophamKnifeCo will not process an additional order (new) until the product is received in perfect condition and the return process is completed.
Process for Returns
- Purchase is refundable* if returned within 30 days of the delivery date, provided the following are met: Purchaser must notify TophamKnifeCo (via email) of the intent to return the product(s), along with the reason for the return, within the 5-day inspection period (Delivery date + 4 calendar days). Please quote your order number and take into account the description of the item when considering your return.
- Wait for an email from TophamKnifeCo with a “Goods Return Number” which gives you permission to send back the good/s;
- Returned goods must be received by TophamKnifeCo in the same condition as it was shipped within five (5) business days of the date Purchaser is provided with Return Instructions.
- We will refund the purchase price of the goods within 30 days of the date of cancellation. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
- If you have returned a good that has clearly been used or abused, or if the packaging has been damaged, TophamKnifeCo may refuse to pass a refund and it will notify you to collect the Product.
How to return an item
Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the Purchaser.
Goods must be adequately packaged and shipped using a common carrier. In addition, the following add-on services MUST be purchased with the return shipment:
- Insurance, package value to the equal total purchase price of the product(s)
- Signature confirmation
There are two types of Coupons: a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon”), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon”).
Where you have used a Fixed Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Topham Knife Co later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), the value of the Fixed Coupon will be deducted from the purchase price of the canceled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account for the balance if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the original Fixed Coupon used. Topham Knife Co may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).
Where you have used a Percentage Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Topham Knife Co later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), the value of the discount received using the Percentage Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the canceled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account for the balance if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the discount received using the original Percentage Coupon. Topham Knife Co may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).